Who can resist the combination of coffee, chocolate syrup, and chocolate chips over ice? This Starbucks signature drink is smooth and creamy because of their Frappuccino base syrup. The good news is, you can now make Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino at home with only 5 simple ingredients even without the Frappuccino base syrup!
If you now live far away from Starbucks’ stores and are craving for their Java Chip Frappuccino, don’t worry! You can now make your own version of Java Chip Frappuccino at home. We know that Java Chip Frappuccino is Starbucks’ best drink. It has many fans who eagerly wait in line to get this delicious ice blend coffee. It is no doubt that if you search for Java Chip Frappuccino recipes on the internet, then you will get thousands of results with different versions. Well, like you’re going to read now, there is no perfect copy of Starbucks’ Java Chip Frappuccino. But, rest assured, we are going to show you how to make Java Chip Frappuccino as close as Starbucks makes.
What exactly is a Java Chip Frappuccino? If you’ve never had a Java Chip Frappuccino at Starbucks or elsewhere, you might be wondering what it is. A java chip frappuccino is a blended beverage made with chocolate syrup, iced coffee or espresso, milk, chocolate chips, and ice. These five simple ingredients are then blended together in a blender before being topped with whipped cream.
What if you don’t have an espresso machine? The good news is that you can make a Java chip frappuccino with black coffee from your favorite manual brew methods! We do not recommend using instant coffee powder in this recipe because it has a weak flavor.
Let’s make Java chip frappuccino with five simple ingredients!
You need to prepare:
- 1/2 cup espresso (or strongly brewed coffee)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Ice (see serving options how to add ice into your Frappuccino)
- In a blender, combine the espresso, milk, chocolate syrup, and chocolate chips. Blend for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and, if desired, more chocolate syrup. Enjoy right away.
- This drink is best served as soon as it’s made – we don’t recommend making it in advance.
- To get an efficient blend, don’t put ice first into the blender. Put ingredients into the blender as it’s in the recipe.
- We use about 1.5 cups of ice but you can use anywhere from 1-2 cups depending on how thick you like your frappuccino.
- Can a Java chip frappuccino be made vegan? Of course! Just substitute in non-dairy milk, non-dairy ice cream, and use a non-dairy whipped cream! For vegan milk options we recommend oat or almond milk.
- Can a Frappuccino base syrup be added into the mixture? Yes, but if you don’t like extra sweetness you either reduce the chocolate syrup or the Frappuccino base syrup.
- What are other options beside chocolate chips as a topping? If you don’t like chocolate chips, you can substitute it with cookie crumble like Oreos.