If you find yourself staring at a coffee menu for an excessive amount of time, it’s most likely because there are so many options and they all sound delicious. Two espresso beverages that we may be familiar with are included among these delectable options: the latte and the mocha.
If you’ve ever spent hours in a coffee shop waiting in line for these lattes and mocha, why not make them at home? As long as you have the equipment to make espresso, like a Moka pot or an espresso machine, you can make almost any espresso drink at home, including these lattes and mochas. In this easy recipe we will share easy steps on how to make mocha and latte at home.
But before we start, let’s start with the definition of each term.
What is Mocha
A mocha is simply a latte with chocolate syrup added on top. One of the reasons why many coffee connoisseurs adore mocha is that it combines a delicate coffee flavor with delectable chocolate and creamy milk.
What is Latte
Latte is a smooth coffee drink made with six to eight ounces of steaming milk and one or two shots of espresso.
You may be concerned now that you do not have an espresso machine with which to prepare lattes. Don’t worry, we’ll show you how to replace an espresso machine in this simple recipe.
Let’s make this simple at-home mocha latte in minutes with just a few easy pantry ingredients.
90 liters of hot brewed coffee. To make hot brewed coffee you can use a french press or a moka pot.
2 tablespoons of chocolate powder
200 liters of fresh milk. You can replace it with oat or almond milk for a healthier option.
- In a cup, mix the hot brewed coffee with chocolate powder. Stir together.
- Steam the milk until it boils. Set aside.
- If you have a milk frother, froth the milk by moving the frother up and down until foamy bubbles form, about 20 seconds or so.
- Pour the frothed milk into the mixture of coffee and chocolate. Enjoy while it is warm.
Topping Ideas for Mocha Latte
You can use the following garnishes to make your mocha latte more appealing:
- Cocoa powder. The chocolate flavor on your lattes will be enhanced by using cocoa powder. Simply sprinkling cocoa powder on top of your lattes is all that’s required.
- Cinnamon powder. Cinnamon powder will give your lattes a warm, sweet flavor. On top of your lattes, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder.
- Flavor syrups. Flavor syrups of any kind can be used to make your lattes look and taste better. Chocolate, vanilla, and caramel syrup are some of our favorite flavor syrups to use in lattes.
- Cookies. Oreo cookies can be sprinkled on top of hot lattes. Crush the Oreo cookies and sprinkle them on top of your lattes.
- Marshmallow. S’mores or toasted marshmallows will add flavor to your lattes. As a garnish, place a marshmallow on top of your lattes and enjoy while they’re still warm.