The best tiramisu recipe without eggs you should try today! Learn how to make an eggless tiramisu recipe with 7 ingredients only!
The best tiramisu cake is usually made with raw eggs that have been whipped with sugar. Adding sugar and eggs to your tiramisu, however, may be difficult for people watching their calorie intake. Eliminating eggs from your tiramisu recipe is one option for making a low-calorie tiramisu.
Will the eggless tiramisu be as soft as the traditional tiramisu? Surprisingly, the answer is yes! With some layers of espresso-soaked ladyfingers, you can still taste the softness and creaminess of the tiramisu. It’s a no-bake, set-it-and-forget-it Italian dessert that’s best made ahead of time and freezes beautifully.
What is Tiramisu Cake?
Tiramisu is an Italian dessert made of coffee and brandy-soaked sponge cakes (ladyfingers). It is layered with a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar, and mascarpone cream. Tiramisu is typically flavored and finished with cocoa at the end.
Tiramisu cake gets its name from the Italian phrase ti ra mi su, which translates to “pick-me-up” in English.
Traditional tiramisu is made by first separating the eggs and then whipping the yolks and whites separately with sugar. Each mixture is then folded into the others before being topped with mascarpone. Some modern-style tiramisu includes additional flavors or toppings. Tiramisu baileys, for example, incorporate the baileys flavor into the cake. There is also a tiramisu in glass, which is a clever way to serve individual portions of the classic Italian dessert.
Why you have to try eggless tiramisu recipe
Even without the use of eggs, our eggless tiramisu recipe has the same light and airy texture as a traditional tiramisu recipe.
Without eggs, it also gets simple in ingredients which means you can cut the tiramisu cake price in half if you intend to sell.
And last one, it is a wonderful make-ahead recipe since the dessert gets better after hours in the fridge.
What You Need to Prepare (The Ingredients Tiramisu Recipe)
- 3/4 cups espresso or instant espresso
- Heavy whip cream, chilled
- Fine sugar
- Mascarpone (or cream cheese)
- Rum / baileys / brandys (optional)
- Coffee powder (optional, to add extra caffeinated flavor)
How to Make Tiramisu Without Eggs
The steps for making eggless tiramisu are extremely simple. All it takes is a quick whip, a gentle soak, assembly, and 15 minutes in the fridge. To make eggless tiramisu, follow these steps:
- Make 3/4 cup espresso or use instant espresso. Mix in instant coffee powder for a strong and intense coffee flavor (optional). If using rum, baileys, or brandy, add it in as well.
- Mix heavy whipping cream and fine sugar in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Whip the mascarpone in the container with a small whisk to lighten it and allow some air to enter.
- To the whipped cream and sugar, add the whipped mascarpone. Whip the mixture until it is smooth and fluffy. Make certain that no lumps remain. Adjust the sweetness of the cream mixture to taste.
- Make another coffee shot, dip the ladyfingers into the coffee liquid for 3-4 seconds. Layer it in the bottom of any baking dish.
- Spread half the cream mixture evenly on top of the ladyfingers. Make sure to cover the corners as well.
- Dust the first layer of cocoa powder into the mixture. Mix in the remaining coffee-dipped ladyfingers and cream mixture.
- Dust the cocoa powder over the top of the cream mixture once more.
- Cover the tiramisu with plastic food storage wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Cut and serve the eggless tiramisu once it has set.