This coffee pudding dessert is home-made. If you enjoy coffee treats, this simple recipe will give you a caffeine kick. Pudding has numerous meanings and ways to make. Even in England, puddings are made into a savory food. However, for the majority of us, pudding is just a dessert, albeit a very tasty one.
A pudding’s texture determines how tasty it is; it should be creamy, silky smooth, and lightly sweet. What you use to flavor it is a different story.
Here is our go-to pudding recipe that includes more coffee taste. This recipe just requires six ingredients and takes a few minutes to prepare.
Why you will love this coffee pudding dessert
Everyone enjoys pudding. Our everyday morning pick-me-up is coffee. Pudding and coffee in a cup will not only create a tasty dessert but also a fresh take on your homemade treat.
When the weather is warm, like it is today, this coffee pudding is the ideal companion. It’s elegant enough to cap off a dinner party and straightforward enough to make one evening before going to bed and then grab from the fridge the next day after work, properly chilled. So, if you enjoy cold desserts, you must try this recipe for coffee pudding.
Are you considering the calories? This coffee pudding dessert has only 125 Kcal, which is still less than 500 calories. Having a couple before bed or after dinner is not wrong. Do you intend to reduce the calories? Additionally, we’ll give you a quick tutorial on how to prepare this low-calorie coffee pudding!
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Large saucepan
- Whisk or spoon
- Plastic wrap or lid
- Combine the milk, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a big pot. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil while stirring continuously.
- Remove the mixture from the heat after it has thickened. Add the vanilla extract and espresso powder after that.
- Put the coffee pudding in a cup or other container, then wrap it in plastic. Then place it in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Serve your pudding chilled when you’re ready to eat it. As a tasty treat, you may sprinkle some chocolate-dipped espresso beans on top.
How to serve coffee pudding
Serving homemade coffee pudding on glass plates or cups is the classiest method. Because of this, we refer to our dish as coffee pudding in cups.
As for the garnish, you can put a cherry, a dollop of whip cream, a mint or basil sprig, or any combination of the three on top of the pudding. Coffee beans that have been roasted are also a good choice.
How to make low calories coffee pudding
You can easily make coffee puddings with fewer calories by substituting almond or oat milk for full milk. Of course, your pudding won’t be as creamy as regular coffee puddings. You can swap out sugar for jagger and cornstarch for rice flavor.