Creamy hot chocolate made from scratch. This hot chocolate is extra flavorful and delicious thanks to the addition of cocoa powder and chocolate chips! It is ready in minutes.
Homemade hot cocoa is a sweet, creamy heavenly thing! During the winter season, top your hot chocolate with freshly whipped cream and a generous sprinkle of chopped dark chocolate. Who can resist this temptation?
You can make homemade hot chocolate without using any brand of chocolate mix with this super simple hot chocolate drink recipe. Simply combine a few real ingredients in a saucepan and you’ll have homemade hot chocolate in minutes! It’s simple, delicious, and far more filling than store-bought alternatives.
Best chocolate type to use
The best hot chocolate drink is made from high-quality chocolate. To make hot chocolate, you can use either chocolate bars or chocolate chips. Aside from the fact that chocolate bars are real, they intensify your chocolate drink more than any sachet chocolate mix. To make the perfect cup of hot chocolate, we recommend using semi-sweet or dark chocolate. However, any leftover chocolate bar in your cupboards can be used to make this delicious hot chocolate drink too.
If you’re wondering why we use dark chocolate, it’s because it has a distinctively rich flavor that tastes fantastic when whisked with milk. And once the chocolate has been finely chopped, it will melt into the most luxurious, velvety texture. Don’t worry if you don’t like the bitterness of dark chocolate. It’s perfectly sweetened with a splash of sweetener.
Hot chocolate drinks must be as simple to make as they appear. To make the best hot chocolate drink, we only need four ingredients.
- Chocolate: The most important ingredient! Just make sure to finely chop it whether you’re using bars or chips.
- Milk: Fresh milk, almond milk, or oat milk are all options. If you want your hot chocolate to be sweet, use unsweetened fresh milk.
- Cocoa powder: Don’t skip the cocoa powder if you want your hot chocolate to be more flavorful. To make strong-flavored hot chocolate, use any brand of cocoa powder.
- Sweetener: When we say sweetener, it’s entirely up to you. You can use sugar, honey, or even maple syrup. Again, it’s a sweetener of your choice.e.
Ingredient of your choice
- Salt: A pinch of table salt will make your hot chocolate taste creamier and more delicious.
Warm up the milk. Over medium heat, combine the milk, cacao powder, and sweetener in a saucepan. Simmer and whisk until no clumps remain.
Pour in the chocolate. Stir in the finely chopped chocolate for 3-5 minutes, or until the chocolate is completely melted and combined. If necessary, season with salt.
Serve. Pour into your favorite mugs and serve while hot.
A classic hot chocolate drink is still our favorite. It is served as is, with no additional toppings. If you want to get a little more creative, you can add toppings like marshmallow, cinnamon powder, salted caramel, or papermint.