Delicious. Magnificent. Heavenly. These words are often used to describe perfectly made chocolate chip cookies. This classic snack / baked good is well – loved by everyone, and you can often find them in most cafes and coffee shops. But instead of buying, why don’t you make them yourself?
Every decent baker must have a chocolate chip cookie recipe in their arsenal. Even though there are tons of chocolate chip cookie recipes on the internet, ours is simply the best.
Why? Because our recipe ensures that your cookies will be well – textured and have a perfectly balanced flavour. So what are we waiting for? Let’s get baking!
Ingredients You Will Need
- 1 cup of softened salted butter (you can also use unsalted butter if you want)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of chocolate chips (you can also use chopped chocolate or chocolate chunks)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 3 cups of all purpose flour (you can use unbleached or gluten – free all purpose flour)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar (both white granulated sugar and organic cane sugar can be used here)
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of light brown sugar (light brown sugar is the best for making chocolate chip cookies)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Detailed Steps To Make Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The first step of making chocolate chip cookies is to make the dough. Start by adding all the dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl (make sure you measure the flour properly using a measuring cup).
- After that, you can mix together the sugars and butter in a different bowl. Don’t forget to soften the butter by thawing it for 2 hours if it was stored in the fridge.
- Once the sugars and butter are whisked fully, add your vanilla extract and eggs before then beating it well.
- Add the dry ingredient batter and the second mixture into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add your chocolate chips once the mixture has blended fully, before then mixing it again until the chocolate chips are spread evenly throughout.
- The final batter should be easy to roll and cannot be crumbly, sticky, or dry.
- Portion your dough using a cookie scoop to create equally sized balls.
- Immediately place the cookie balls on a baking sheet before then baking them for 8 to 10 minutes at 190 Celsius.
- Make sure you do not overbake the cookies; they should be taken out when they appear to be barely done.
- Let the chocolate chip cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack for further cooling.
Can You Store Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Yes! Freshly made cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 2 months in the freezer or 5 days at room temperature.
You can also store your cookie dough without baking. You can store cookie dough by placing them in an airtight container and putting them in the freezer. Furthermore, when baking frozen cookie dough, never forget to thaw it first for about 2 hours.
Why Are My Cookies So Flat?
There are several reasons why your cookies might not turn out to be as ‘fluffy’ as expected:
- You didn’t thaw the frozen cookie dough before baking
- Incorrect over temperature
- Too much flour was used due to incorrect measurement
- The sugar and butter mixture wasn’t fully creamed