There are no barista skills required! These five simple coffee recipes can be made at home with readily available ingredients and minimal equipment. When your mornings are mostly hectic, you almost never have time to make coffee at home. Buying coffee at a coffee shop every day is like pouring money down the drain.
Our daily requirement has been coffee. Your morning will be incomplete without coffee. A cup of hot, black, strong coffee in the morning is always a good idea.
In the afternoon, your brain needs to be recharged. As a result, an iced coffee looks appealing. To end the day, curling up inside a blanket with a glass of hot coffee with milk sounds appealing.
To satisfy your caffeine cravings, we’ve compiled a list of the top five easy coffee recipes that you can make at home. These recipes are mostly made with simple kitchen ingredients and can be completed in a matter of minutes. Let’s get started with some simple coffee recipes.
1. Black coffee using French Press
- Fresh ground coffee
- Boiling water
- Place coffee grounds in the bottom of the French press.
- Pour just enough hot water over the coffee to soak the beans and let the fresh coffee
- Bloom (the coffee will expand and release a toffee-colored crema).
- Let sit for 30 seconds, then fill the French Press to fill-line with hot water and cap with the French Press plunger.
- Let steep another 3 minutes and 30 seconds (4 minutes total).
- Then press down on the plunger, pour and enjoy!
2. Iced black coffee lemonade
- Fresh coffee ground
- Orange juice
- Lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Mix coffee, orange juice, lemon juice, and honey in a jar and stir. You can use a shaker or blender to make it easier for the honey to combine.
- Serve in tall glasses, half filled with ice cubes.
3. Iced latte
- 2 espresso shots / hot brewed coffee
- Sugar, honey or maple syrup
- Whole milk
- Mix the hot espresso with the sugar until it dissolves.
- Fill a glass with ice and stir in the sweetened coffee.
- Pour over the milk and stir until combined.
4. Vanilla sweet cream cold brew
- Coarsely ground coffee
- Vanilla extract
- 2% milk
- Heavy cream
- Pour water into a French press
- Add coffee grounds.
- Steep for 12 hours then strain out the coffee grounds.
- Make a batch of vanilla simple syrup, pour it in a jar, and let it cool to room temperature or cooler.
- Whisk or stir together milk, cream, and vanilla syrup to make vanilla sweet cream.
- Fill a tall glass with ice and add cold brew coffee then vanilla sweet cream.
5. Cinnamon vanilla latte
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 shots of espresso or 1 cup of strongly-brewed coffee
- Make your espresso, or if you don’t have an espresso machine you can use strongly-brewed coffee as well!
- Add the cinnamon to the milk and froth.
- Add the espresso or coffee to a mug, stir in the vanilla syrup (as much as you desire), then pour the milk over top. Sprinkle cinnamon on top and enjoy!